Monday 7 March 2016

My Spring 2016 Aesthetics




(Top, leggings & shoes from H&M, choker from Dolls Kill)


My teenage self is squealing with joy.

After wearing mostly vintage fashion and pin-up inspired clothing for almost two years for both my photo shoots and in my free time, I felt it was time for a change. Or well, a change back. Going full circle so to speak.

In my teenage years I was an ambitious follower of gothic and "emo" fashion styles mixed with a bit of punk. Anything dark or alternative, you can be sure that I would love it.


Here you have an awkward, alternative teen picture of me. Shot with a terrible digital camera. Ugh.


I would like to think that - hopefully - my fashion sense has evolved in the past few years and even more so my make-up skills with it. Because, let's face it: I thought eye-liner was all you need. (Conclusion after going through old pictures: I was definitely wrong.)

So, lately I found myself being drawn to alternative fashion styles once more. Back in the day hunting for gothic-inspired clothing was a whole lot more difficult and often a lot more expensive.
With - more or less mildly - alternative fashion becoming a wider known and accepted trend in the last years you can often find a couple of nice pieces of clothing at big stores like H&M, Forever 21 or Primark, even if you're on a budget. For me in the end it all comes down to how you combine things in your own style, it's not about how much they cost.

A website I have recently fallen in love with is Dolls Kill. Surely everybody who likes a different sort of clothing already knows this site, but hey! I have a few years of alternative fashion to catch up on! While I absolutely love almost everything in their store, my wallet really, really hates it.
One specific brand I've had an eye on lately is Killstar. Their fashion -  while still being alternative and featuring a huge amount of really cool prints and patterns - seems also pretty wearable for everyday purposes.

Bottom line is: Spring is coming and while everybody will be dressed in pastel colours, I will go back to black. Once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment